Equilibrium Therapy Magnetic Hind & Hock Chaps
EQB1179Regular price £89.99 Save £0.00
The Equilibrium Hind & Hock Magnetic Chaps has magnets where you want them in these magnetic hock boots designed to support mobility, aid joint function and maintain healthy tendons.
- Includes 4 movable VITAflex® magnets to place where your horse needs them, including the hock joint.
- Use overnight as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining leg health.
- Ideal for ridden horses, veterans, on box rest/standing in for long periods of time.
- Use as an alternative to stable bandages to keep the legs warm and maintain circulation.
- 2-year guarantee.
- Supplied in pairs.
Do not apply Vitaflex® magnets on open wounds, bruises, areas of inflammation or for the first 5 days following steroid injections.
For front boots, please see Magnetic Chaps. Additional magnets are available here.
What is the material used within the Magnetic Hock Boots for horses?
Our Magnetic Boots are made of a nylon inner and outer, with polyester fill. The fill provides enough warmth and padding, but is not too thick so the boot remains flexible and comfortable, while providing some warmth but not overheating the legs.
The inner layer is completely velcro receptive too, so that our magnets can be placed anywhere throughout the boots – including over the hock joint.
Four Vitaflex® Magnets are supplied with each pair of boots. They are reasonably thin and flat, yet extremely flexible. This allows them to mould to the horses’ legs, should they need to be placed over a joint. Supplied in a small pouch, they can be placed anywhere within the magnetic boot lining with the simple hook and loop attachment. This allows you to target the magnets exactly where your horse needs them.
Which magnets are used and how do they work?
The body’s cells have electromagnetic properties which means they can be affected by a magnetic field. Vitaflex® magnets are used in these Magnetic Hind and Hock Boots for horses and present two alternating poles to the body, negative and positive, making them different to standard neodymium magnets, which present only one pole. These strong, circular and permanent magnetic fields of alternating pole sequences penetrate into the body tissue.
When should these Magnetic Hock Boots for horses be used?
- Every day as part of your horses’ daily routine for maintaining leg health. Usually overnight or in the day when stood in.
- For horses in work from hacking to competition. This includes horses returning to work or retraining.
- For older horses or those who are slow to warm up.
- Horses on box rest, standing in for long periods of time or on limited turnout.
- General knocks and bumps.
How do I care for the Magnetic Hock boots?
Machine washable at 30 degrees, so you can quickly and easily clean your boots. Our Hook Cleaner Brush can also help keep your straps debris free and prolong their life.
Other products in the range.
Pair with the Magnetic Rug and our Magnetic Chaps for the full set.