Zilco Classic Single Driving Harness
441040Regular price £815.00 Sale price £733.00 Save £82.00
NEW now with double hip straps as standard
Zilco Classic is the popular original harness for all types of driving. Light to carry yet tremendously strong. Classic is equally at home in the dressage arena, the toughest of marathon courses or simply a pleasure day out.
This aesthetically pleasing harness is made from a polymer covered webbing produced by the World renowned Zilco. It is unrivaled in it's strength and longevity offering safety and assurance that it will not stretch or break when you need it the most.
Used by some of the top drivers the Classic is suitable for all types of pleasure and competition driving and will offer many years of reliable service. It is particularly popular amongst pony drivers as the Elite and ZGB models don't come smaller than a cob size.
The Classic is also one of the few Zilco harness sets available with the option of either a sliding or fixed backband allowing it's use with any type of vehicle. A sliding back band should always be used when driving to vehicles two wheeled vehicles or four wheelers with fixed shafts (ie. both shafts raise together when one is lifted). A Fixed back band can be used on vehicles with independent shafts. It is possible to use a harness with a sliding backband with independent shafts so long as conway buckles are fitted to the backband.
As with all Zilco harnesses each part is available for separate purchase, an option not offered by other harness manufacturers. This allows you to build up your harness gradually or to swap out parts if your horse changes shape. It also means that a set can be made up comprising different sized parts if it does not conform to one specific size entirely. Visit our Classic Parts section to see all available parts
We are more than happy to custom build a set of Classic harness for you if your pony is not an off the peg size. We are here to help with any advise you might need and will guarantee an experienced unbiased opinion. We love driving and we want as many people as possible to access this terrific sport
- Soft waffle lined bearing surface on saddle
- Wither strap with hanging rein ring and brake strap
- Choice of different trace endings to suit different types of carriage
- Different trace lengths to suit various vehicles
- Independent hanging noseband, with detachable flash strap
- Pleasure driving
Safety & Convenience:
- Quick release fittings are included as standard to tugs/shaft loops.
Stainless steel throughout. Fittings are purpose designed for maximum strength and easy adjustment. The special Zilco "roller bar" buckle makes adjustment easy and minimises wear.
Zilco sealed strapping: a core of strong web, sealed within a modern polymer to give the handling qualities of leather. Yet easily cleaned and tremendously strong.
- BEARING SURFACES
Breastplate, girth and breeching linings are hard wearing foam covered in tough synthetic leather. Saddle is lined with textured waffle linings, soft and easily cleaned.
Options & Extras:
- Classic can be supplied in standard sizes or a mixture of sizes to suit individual horses. Please contact us if you require something other than off the peg sizes.
- All individual parts are available separately
- Detachable colour trim can be fitted to the breastplate and matching coloured browbands can be added to suit marathon colours. Please note it is not possible to fit colour trim to an empathy breastplate
- Tilbury tugs are available separately
Wipe clean, or hose down. Or tub wash in warm soapy water. Hang to dry. Zilco harness always maintains its strength regardless of how wet or dirty it becomes from heavy use.
Carry & Storage Bag:
Each set comes complete with harness bag with ventilation panels