Zilco ZGB Team Harness
431046Regular price £4,530.00 Sale price £3,828.00 Save £702.00
Zilco ZGB is the popular original harness for all types of driving. This is the most robust model in Zilco's driving harness range and is ideally suited to tough marathons and commercial work. It is, however, still smart enough to be used in the dressage phase. The main difference between this harness and the Zilco Elite is the breastplate which has integral traces that can be adjusted at the carriage end. The ZGB and Elite are the harnesses of choice used by almost all HDT drivers in the UK. For smaller ponies the Zilco Classic can be used as both ZGB and Elite start at Cob size.
The breastplate can be used in either single or pair making it versatile and it can be personalised with the addition of coloured trims. These can be purchased as an option with the harness or purchased separately at a later date. The integration of the traces to the breastplate creates a sleeker line and allows for free running without interference by the bellyband or driving saddle, particularly helpful if your horse or pony is slightly small for the size range where an Elite breastplate might be long and snag
The quality of Zilco harness is unsurpassed and it can be relied upon in the toughest of conditions not to break or stretch. Made from the World renowned polymer coated webbing maintenance couldn't be easier and a simple wipe down with warm soapy water is quite sufficient. Your ZGB harness will offer many many years of untroubled service and is well known for it's longevity.
A huge benefit of Zilco harness is the availability of parts which are all available for separate purchase. This is rarely if ever offered by other harness manufacturers and enables the user to replace a lost part without the need to replace the whole harness. This is also invaluable if you change horse or your existing horse matures and fills out necessitating a larger part to be introduced. You may also wish to build up your harness set over time, perhaps replacing an existing set of harness and being reluctant to pay for a whole harness in one lump. Visit our section of ZGB Parts to view what's available
We are more than happy to custom build a set of ZGB harness for you if your horse or pony is not an off the peg size. We are here to help with any advise you might need and will guarantee an experienced unbiased opinion. We love driving and we want as many people as possible to access this terrific sport
- Multi purpose design of breastplate and saddle, which allows the same harness to be used for single, pair or team.
- Breastplate and traces are all-in-one, with adjustment for length made behind the horse. (More accessible when driving multiples)
- Tough 50mm (2") traces with reinforced holes
- Choice of different trace endings to suit different types of carriage
- Moveable rein ring on wither, which can be lowered or raised to suit the head carriage and conformation of individual horses.
- Shaped, padded girth for extra comfort behind the elbow.
- Independent hanging noseband, with detachable flash strap.
- Saddle has adjustable pads which can be positioned to suit individual horse conformation. Padding extends down sides to minimise and damage from bumping from shafts or other horses in a multiple.
- All parts are adjustable from both sides and can be used in near or off position. Trace length can be altered behind the horses
- Competition driving
- Trainers, particularly those working from single to pair frequently
- Pleasure driving
- Commercial driving
Safety & Convenience:
- Quick release fittings are included as standard, to facilitate quick and easy harnessing for everyday convenience and for quick unharnessing in emergency situations.
- Quick release fittings are supplied as standard on breastplate to saddle connections (pairs & team), tugs/shaft loops (singles), wither to saddle connection strap, breeching straps and martingale.
Stainless steel throughout. Fittings are purpose designed for mazimum strength and easy adjustment. The special Zilco "roller bar" buckle makes adjustment easy and minimises wear.
Zilco sealed strapping: a core of strong web, sealed within a modern polymer to give the handling qualities of leather. Yet easily cleaned and tremendously strong.
- BEARING SURFACES
Breastplate linings are hard wearing foam covered in tough synthetic leather
Options & Extras:
- ZGB can be supplied in standard sizes or a mixture of sizes to suit individual horses. Please contact us if you require something other than off the peg sizes.
- All individual parts are available separately
- Detachable colour trim can be supplied to suit marathon colours
Wipe clean, or hose down. Or tub wash in warm soapy water. Hang to dry. Zilco harness always maintains its strength regardless of how wet or dirty it becomes from heavy use.